Studio Policy & FAQs
- 48 hour notice is required if you need to reschedule an appointment. Your deposit will be forfeited or 25% of your service will be added to future bookings.
- All cosmetictattooing appointments will require a non-refundable deposit that will go towards the final balance of your appointment.
- Prices do not include GST.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable and your balance can be paid via etransfer, cash, debit or credit card.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time. If you are 15 minutes late for your scheduled appointment then the appointment will be rescheduled.
- Missed appointments or last minute cancellations will forfeit their deposit and be subject to a rebooking fee.
- All foreign cosmetic tattoo retouches will be considered as a new set of brows. Please book accordingly.
- All cosmetic tattoo results will vary per person depending on: skin, lifestyle, existing hair, bone structure, medications taken and aftercare.
- If you have a previous eyebrow tattoo, PLEASE EMAIL, firstname.lastname@example.org, a clear photo of your brows for approval BEFORE booking. Not all previous brow tattoos can be corrected.
- There will be no refunds for any service after it has been completed.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Initial Cosmetic Tattooing Session perfecting touchups are included in the initial price between 6-12 weeks post initial procedure ONLY. If for any reason you do not come back in that time frame for the touchup, you forfeit the complimentary touchup and the touchup fee will be charged as listed on the website.
- Cosmetic Tattooing Touchups, Refreshers are timed and priced based on your last cosmetic tattooing visit at Heather Dyck Beauty. If you are unsure of the last time you were in for your brows, please reach out via email at email@example.com and we would be happy to help!
- If it has been 3 years or over since your last cosmetic tattooing appointment, you will be charged as an Initial Brow Session. Please book accordingly.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does Cosmetic Tattooing hurt?
Minimal. A high quality topical anaesthetic is applied before and during the procedure to minimize pain and discomfort. Pain sensitivity and tolerance varies from client to client.
How long is the appointment?
The appointment takes approx. 2-2.5hours. This includes the consultation & forms, anaesthetic application, mapping of the brows (which takes the most time to ensure they are perfect and are exactly what you want!) and the procedure.
How many treatments are needed?
In general, it takes two treatments: the first is the initial procedure and the second is the touch-up, 6-8 weeks later. You can expect your eyebrows to fade up to 20-30% between the initial procedure and touch-up. At your touch-up we will assess your healing, make color adjustments and add more pigment if needed. In some cases, clients with oily skins, minimal eyebrow or iron deficiencies may need additional touch-ups.
How long does it last?
Semi Permanent makeup will fade over time and should be refreshed every 1-3 years for maintenance. However, this does not mean that your semi-permanent makeup will completely disappear. Depending on your skin and health, overtime your semi-permanent makeup may leave a soft haze or residual pigment behind. These factors will cause your semi-permanent brows to fade pre-maturely: Iron deficiency, Sun exposure, exfoliants, lifestyle.
Should I wax or pluck my brows beforehand?
Minimal waxing or plucking should be done prior to your appointment. We work with your natural brow shape and flow — the more hair there, the better!
If you do decide to wax or pluck, please be sure to do this a minimum of 3 days before your appointment.
Is Eyebrow Cosmetic Tattooing for me?
Semi-Permanent Brow Contraindications:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Diabetes (consult doctor)
- You generally don’t heal well or are susceptible to infections
- Keloid scarring
- Irritation of the skin of any kind such as blemishes, pimples, rash, eczema, rosacea, sunburn ect. on the area of the procedure
- Viral Infections or diseases
- On blood-thinning medications
- A pacemaker or major heart problems
- On Accutane within the last year
- Undergoing chemotherapy
- Had an organ transplant
- Have a blood disorder
- Botox or Chemical peel treatment in the last month
- If your previous pmu is dark or saturated (please email me a photo before booking)
Pre-Appointment Prep Instructions:
- Avoid tanning one week prior. If you have a tan or sunburn we will have to reschedule your appointment
- Avoid chemical peels 6 weeks prior
- No blood thinning medications such as aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, or ibuprofen 48-72 hours before the procedure
- No alcohol within 48 hours prior to the procedure as consuming alcohol usually results in excess bleeding
- No caffeine up to 24 hours prior to your appointment
- No exercise the day of your appointment
- No botox 4 weeks prior
- No accutane within one year of service
The following must be avoided during all 14 days post-procedure:
- Increased sweating, exercise
- Swimming, sauna, bath or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or sun exposure
- Wearing cosmetics around or on the eyebrow area
- Laser or chemical treatments 6 weeks post treatment
- Exfoliants of any kind on the brows entirely
- Picking, peeling, or scratching the brow area
Once fully healed, protect your investment! Wear a SPF30+ on your eyebrows
Day One: Blot eyebrows every 1-2 hours with a kleenex or paper towel. At bedtime, gently wash your eyebrows with the provided cleanser. Rinse. Blot dry and apply a sesame seed size of the provided post-care cream with a cotton swab.
Day Two-Fourteen: Morning and evening you will cleanse the eyebrows, blot and apply the post-care cream as detailed above.
Book in for your touchup session after your brows are healed, 6-8 weeks post procedure.